Is it legal??

This section is intended for international users
myopicpaideia

Hej!

I just moved here to Göteborg from San Diego, and am planning a 2nd gen CRX VTEC build but am confused as to the legality of engine waps here in Sweden. I have received conflicting reports. I WANT to put a B18C5 Integra type R motor from 1996 or 1997 into a '90 or '91 CRX VTEC for the engine part of the build. Is this legal or not, and can you get through dem årliga besiktningarna with such a setup?

Thanks for your time!!!!
På jakten efter en omodiferad CRX-VTEC '90 eller '91...
Användarvisningsbild
David Lundin
Namn: David Lundin

Hey Daniel,
Well, everyone is doing it and unless you're putting something radically different in chances are no one will notice and you'll get away with it fine.

It's not legal as such though, to make it legal you'd have to reregister the car with the new engine.

You cannot really get into trouble, if you fail inspection you have to change back though (they won't force you or anything, but the car won't be legal until you pass inspection, and they'll certainly look closer the second time around). Some people do this regularly I understand, switch for inspection and then back.

The same goes for supercharging or turbocharging your engine btw, it's not really allowed but most people modify their cars a bit to pass inspection then put everything back again. Sometimes if you're lucky (or have an understanding guy doing the inspection, which is a bit lucky I guess) even just disconnecting the pulley will get you through with a supercharger, if it's not blatantly obvious in the engine bay.
myopicpaideia

David Lundin skrev:Hey Daniel,
Well, everyone is doing it and unless you're putting something radically different in chances are no one will notice and you'll get away with it fine.
Thanks David! Now....to find the right CRX to buy...ha ha ha, anyone have good suggestions as to where to look for CRX's for sale outside of blocket?
Senast redigerad av myopicpaideia den 2 april 2009, 14:37, redigerad totalt 1 gånger.
På jakten efter en omodiferad CRX-VTEC '90 eller '91...
Kristian

How about this one <a href="index.php?showtopic=48507" target="_blank">index.php?showtopic=48507</a>
Kristian, Hondalös.
Skriv svar